My name is Lucas, I am a qualified humanistic Psychosynthesis Counsellor, working with clients face to face in Bristol and online from anywhere. I work both in English and French.
While providing a safe and nurturing therapeutic relationship that honours your life experiences, difficulties and goals, I am dedicated to facilitate awareness and will to develop your understanding of yourself and help you cultivate self-love & healthy relationships.
I notably work with stress, anxiety, depression, loss, addiction, personal development, body image, gender and sexual identity, relationships, sexuality, cultural diversities, family dynamics, career, and existential crisis.
Diploma & Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling
Psychosynthesis Trust, in partnership with Middlesex University – London
Some Additional Training
Workshops with The Different Engine:
Background & Specific Interests
I have a background in Arts, essentially in Cinema & Theatre. I am passionate about arts, imagery, curiosity, imagination, creativity & playfulness.
I also worked over 15 years in Customer & Corporate Services in various industries, notably training new recruits. This has provided me with a great understanding of the stressful environment, imperatives & targets of the corporate world, and how it can impact on mental, emotional & physical health.
Partly through my volunteering at Positive East in London for two years, I have notably worked with LGBTQI+ and straight individuals about gender identity, sexual identity, sexuality & relationships.
I also have some experience with Asperger, High Potential (otherwise known as Gifted), and Highly Sensitive (HSP - Highly Sensitive Persons) individuals. Please note I am not a trained Psychiatrist nor a specialist in the fields mentioned. If you need a medical support, please ask your GP for a referral to a Psychiatrist. In that case, I can still provide a secondary support to your mental & emotional health.
Though I worked with clients from 11 to 58 years old, I am mostly experience with young adults from 18 to mid-forties. I find in this age range crucial phases of life, and I have been building my skills to help you go through things like the emancipation or need for emancipation from peer pressure (family and societal expectations included), the re-assessment of relationships, personal & career development, and existential dilemmas.
Volunteering Counsellor (previous experiences)
Off The Record provides free & confidential Mental Health support for young individuals between 11 & 25 years old. They also provide various workshops & activities.
The Psychosynthesis Trust provides a counselling & psychotherapy service, as well as a low cost clinic for those with low incomes.
Positive East provides a wide and diversified range of Mental Health, Sexual Health and social supports for individuals whose life has been impacted by HIV.
Professional Code of Conduct
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP), and abide by the BACP ethical framework.
I CAN MOSTLY HELP YOU WITH…
INTRAPERSONAL & INTERPERSONAL DYNAMICS
- Lack of Self-Acceptance, Self-Respect, Self-Compassion and/or Low Self-Esteem
- Lack of Energy and/or Motivation
- Lack of Assertion & Confidence
- Overwhelming Feelings or Emotional Numbness
- Body Image
- Feeling of Emptiness
- Mental or Physical Conditions
- Relationships (partner(s), friends, family, work…)
SELF-DISCOVERY, LIFE CHANGES & EXISTENTIAL CRISIS
- Gender & Sexual Identity
- Cultural & Ethnical Identity
- Religious & Spiritual Identity
- Self-Discovery & Authenticity
- Career Change or Redundancy
- Age Transition (teenage hood to adulthood, student life to working life, retirement, menopause/andropause…)
- Other Changes in your Lifestyle
- Middle Life, Spiritual and/or Existential Crisis: search for Meaning & Purpose, Creativity & Playfulness, Peace & Happiness
HEALTH, BEHAVIORAL ISSUES & LIFE THREATS
- Stress, Anxiety and/or Panic Attacks
- Depression and/or Suicidal Thoughts
- Dysfunctional Patterns
- Bullying & Abuse (mental, emotional and/or physical)
- Traumas (childhood, teenage hood or adulthood)